Sunday, May 16, 2010

For The Dogs

I have always had a special place in my heart for animals, especially dogs. Some would say that I care for dogs more than humans.. Here's my logic: humans have brains and can take care of themselves. Dogs rely on their owners to take care of them. If I see a hurt dog, yes I will probably risk my life to bring it to safety. But a human on the other hand, well, the world has turned into such a scary bad place that if I saw a person with car trouble on the side of the road I wouldn't stop because for all I know it's a trap, but I will call the police and tell them about your issue. I've done that many many times. *(note - if I know you, the previous statement doesn't refer to you)* I am a servant of God and we are called to serve others. However, if I don't know you and I'm alone, I will let the cops handle your predicament. I hope I don't sound like a terrible person, but as a woman, we have to be extra careful. Now, if someone has set up a trap through a sweet pooch on the side of the road, well, I'm a goner! Animals are God's creation and they need to be cared for. If you choose to have a dog, please give it a good life and don't have a dog just so you can say that you have one. Take care of them and keep them happy. Tied up in the back yard - not a good life. In a cage in the backyard or in the house, no matter how big you say it is - still no good. Big backyard to run in - perfect! Fresh water every day - ahem, yes! A cool place to lay outside - comeon! Couch to sleep on - thankyou! Hugs and Kisses and lots of attention - necessity.  Now, the couch might be a bit much for some of you and that's ok. We are having to stop that with our dog simply because he now takes up the entire couch! And because he kind of pushed a friend off of his spot when he was ready to go to sleep, but hey Bruce was here first;) If you purchase a dog tag I will donate all the proceeds to the ASPCA - The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Please get your next dog from your local animal shelter. They are by far the best pets. Bruce is still so grateful. I feel that he really understands that we saved his life. He is so good and I know every dog there will be the same. At least consider it before contacting a breeder. Shelters are flooded with dogs and cats who will end up euthanized if not given to a good home. Off my high horse, thank you for listening:)

Your tag can say whatever you want. This was just fitting for my baby:)
$25

Here's my pound pup! All 80 pounds of him:)
Sweet Bruce Holland

1 comment:

  1. These are SO awesome! Have you ever sold your stuff on etsy.com? This type of work would probably sell well on there :)

    ReplyDelete